Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Baby Switching: Another Reason To Birth At Home

Here's another reason that makes home birth more appealing than hospital birth. There are no other babies present to get mixed up with your own. When the baby gets bathed (preferably by your husband or mother rather than a nurse) your sure to get her back. There's no need for baby identification bracelets at home.

Read this story about two babies switched at birth:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090511/ap_on_re_us/us_switched_at_birth

2 comments:

Terresa said...

I hear ya, girl. Great post.

I've home birthed all 4 of my kids, including twins. While home birthing puts you in a sort of "weirdo" category with some people, home birthing twins puts you on the planet Mars. But I don't mind, really. ;)

Here's a blog post I wrote about home birthing...
http://thechocolatechipwaffle.blogspot.com/2009/06/home-birthing-rocks.html

Cheers!

Bobby said...

Having your baby at home is a decision that only you can make. It may very well be the right one for you. But I have to say that baby switching should not be one of the reasons you choose to have the baby at home. Hospitals have very strict protocol when it comes to giving the right baby to the right mother. I am not saying it doesn't happen, but it is very, very rare and there are so many other wonderful reasons to have a baby at home.